/* */

Driving While Suspended

Traffic Attorney in Kansas City, KS

  • What can I do now?
    You need to speak with an attorney immediately to find out what can be done to get your license back and keep this ticket off your record. You can contact my office by phone (913.342.3279) or by email.
  • How long do I have to take care of the ticket?
    This is a mandatory court appearance. If you or your attorney do not appear on the date stated on the ticket, a warrant may be issued for your arrest and your driver’s license may be suspended. If you contact an attorney when you get this ticket, your attorney may continue the court date so that you can obtain a valid driver’s license or obtain the necessary money to pay the fine.
  • Will it affect my driving privilege?
    If you are convicted of driving while suspended, you will lose your license.
  • Will it increase the cost of my automobile insurance?
    If you are convicted of this offense, you will lose you driver’s license and most likely will have your insurance canceled (or pay higher rates after your driving privilege is reinstated).
  • How can an attorney help me?
    If your license was suspended at the time you got your ticket, and it is now reinstated, an attorney can usually get your ticket amended to a non-moving violation and keep it off your record. Your driver’s license may have been suspended for a 1st time DUI or repeat DUI or DWI, or for unpaid or excessive tickets. An Attorney can help you discover why your license has been suspended, and help you to get your driver’s license reinstated.