/* */

Minor In Possession (MIP)

Traffic Attorney in Kansas City, KS

  • What can I do now?
    You need to speak with an attorney immediately to learn your options and keep your license and keep your record clean. You can contact my office by phone (913.342.3279) or by email.

  • How much time do I have to take care of the ticket?
    For all alcohol possession and possession of paraphernalia ticket, you must appear on the court date stated on the ticket. An attorney can continue the ticket in most cases, if necessary.
  • Will it affect my driving privilege?
    A first offense alcohol possession or possession of paraphernalia charge in Kansas results in a 30 day suspension (among other fines and penalties), a second conviction comes with a 90 day suspension, and a third results in a one year suspension.
  • Will it increase the cost of my automobile insurance?
    Yes. If you are convicted of Minor in Possession of Alcohol, your insurance rates, or your family’s rates (if you are on their policy) will almost certainly go up. The way to keep your insurance rates from being affected is to keep the MIP conviction off your record.
  • How can an attorney help me?
    An attorney can help to keep your Alcohol Possession or Possession of Paraphernalia charge off your record. By having the ticket amended to another charge, or by successfully completing a diversion program, the minor in posession of alcohol or possession of paraphernalia charge may be kept off your record.