/* */

Minor in Possession (MIP)

Traffic Attorney in Kansas City, MO

  • What can I do now?
    You need to speak with an attorney immediately to learn your options and keep your license and your record clean. You can contact my office by phone (913.342.3279) or by email.
  • How much time do I have to take care of the ticket?
    For all possession of alcohol or possession of paraphernalia charges, you must appear on the court date stated on the ticket. An attorney can continue the ticket in most cases, if necessary, and he is contacted in a timely manner.
  • Will it affect my driving privilege?
    If you are convicted of Alcohol Possession, pursuant to Missouri’s abuse and lose law, you may lose your driver’s license for 90 days after a first conviction, and one year after a second conviction.
    Download the Missouri Point System Violation Table.
  • Will it increase the cost of my automobile insurance?
    Yes. If you are convicted of Alcohol Possession or Possession of Paraphernalia, your insurance rates, or your family’s rates (if you are on their policy) will almost certainly go up. The way to keep your insurance rates from being affected is to keep the conviction off your record.
  • How can an attorney help me?
    An attorney can help to keep yourMinor in Alcohol Possession or Possession of Paraphernalia charge off your record. By having the ticket amended to another charge, or by receiving a suspended Imposition of Sentence from the court, the MIP charge may not go on your record.